Saturday, February 7, 2009

Where's the Love: Humongous & The Slayer


Anyone remember watching the crappy VHS prints of these two brutal little gems from the early 80's? I do. And I think it's about time someone gives them a proper DVD release before they're dead and buried forever.

Humongous is the heartwarming tale of a mongoloid (the by-product of rape) who, after spending a life of leisure on a secluded island, lets the blood fly when a group of teens disturbs his respite. I never saw this one during its original theatrical run, but I seem to remember that the trailer scared the shit out of me. Literally. My mother had to snap a plastic mattress pad on my bed for a week to catch what she lovingly referred to as my "happy little accidents." True story.

As far as The Slayer goes, once you've gathered your gag-reflex after my little admission above, check out the trailer below. You've gotta love that gravelly exploitation voice-over. Like Danny Bonaduce, only sober.



No comments: